Friday, January 16, 2009

Celebrating Dr. King with STAMPS














by Porschia

Creating a power point was very interesting and fun to do. On my power point, I had to do a slide on Dr. Carter G. Woodson. Other students a part of STAMPS did different topics, such as Mary McLeod Bethune, Dr. King (of course), the Selma to Montgomery March, and President's Park. The reason for the power point activity was to present the slideshow, full of wonderful facts, to two hundred students from three elementary schools, at the Department of the Interior in honor of Dr. King's 80th birthday. The presentation took place on Friday, January 16, 2009.

I really enjoy being in STAMPS. I say that because this is the only activity I do at school and I enjoy going to the monuments and learning some nice wonderful facts. I thank Ms. Jen for letting our school have an opportunity to participate in this program.














by Dyani

I am a member of STAMPS. Our last trip was to the Department of the Interior. We went there to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. and tell people what STAMPS is. We did great! Thanks to Ms. Jen and Ms. Trenkle. We caught the metro there and although it was so cold, I am glad I went. So come on down and join STAMPS--we are on a mission to learn!


by James

The STAMPS MLK program was very educational. STAMPS visited the Department of the Interior to do a slideshow on MLK. Devin and I worked on how you can be involved in the National Park Service (NPS). I had a lot of fun and I learned plenty of information about MLK. At the Department of the Interior STAMPS and I heard the MLK "I Have A Dream" speech. We were the senoirs of the schools that attended. We heard Brookland Elementary sing the National Anthem. Lastly, we went to lunch at Cosi's and it was my first time. The food was very good and healthy.


No comments: