Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We the People Trolley Tour

by Jason

On January 6, 2009 my class took a trip on a trolley to the U.S. Capitol, the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, the FDR Memorial, and the National Archives. We also passed by the Supreme Court.



The first stop was the U.S. Capitol where we talked about the Senate and House of Representatives, who constructed the building, and what happens in the building.

The next stop was the White House where we only stood talking about it for a little while but we talked about the First Family and events that take place in the White House.

The next place was the Lincoln Memorial where we used the bathroom and took a picture. On the trolley we talked about Lincoln and the issue of slavery. When we were at the Memorial we stood at the place where Dr. King gave his "I Have a Dream" speech.


Then we went to the FDR where we saw statues of what FDR did during his time on earth. We also learned that he served four terms as president.


Next we passed by the Supreme Court and then we went to the National Archives where we saw a lot about the Constitution and the real document. We also saw other documents like the Bill of Rights.



by Andre

My two Favorite Places on Our Trolley Tour



My two favorite places on our trolley tour were the Lincoln Memorial and the FDR Memorial.


The reason why I like the Lincoln Memorial is because I was amazed by the big statue of Abraham Lincoln but I did not like walking up all of the steps from the bottom site that we visited before the statue. Another part that I enjoyed was when we got to stand in Dr. Martin Luther King's spot where he gave the I Have a Dream speech.


My second favorite site that we visited was the FDR Memorial. I enjoyed that site because we walked around a lot and saw different things instead of stopping and getting right back on the trolley. But the best things that I liked about that memorial were the statues. The best one was the one when it was FDR and his dog, Fala. My second favorite was the one when he was sitting down with the radio giving his fireside chats about what he was doing to help the country and the economy during the Great Depression.

Those were my favorite two sites on the trolley tour and I hope you enjoyed reading about them.

No comments: