Friday, December 19, 2008

Presenting our History Day Topics

by Brittany

On Wednesday, December 17, 2008, we had to give an oral report on our National History Day topic. During our presentation we had to answer three questions about our topic.
1. What is your topic about (basic details)?
2. How does your topic fit the theme of "The Individual in History: Actions and Legacies"?
3. Why did you choose your topic?
I was kind of nervous because last year my mind went blank. This would went better because I went over my information and most of the information was stored in my mind.

Brittany is an 8th grader at SHMS. Her favorite class is History and she likes to read books.


by Chantell

On December 17, in History Class, we shared our topics on History Day. the three questions that we had to answer in our oral reports were: What is your topic how does it related to the theme "The Individual in History: Actions and Legacies" and why did we choose our topics? There werwe many interesting people that changed history in a bad or good way. I was verynervous because I'm not sued to talking in front of people, but I think I did well because I knew more about her since I read the book.

Chantell is an 8th grader at Stuart-Hobson. She is a very quiet girl. She loves to read books.



by Liz

My NHD topic is Jim Jones. He was the leader of the cult the People's Temple, which met their demise in Jonestown, Guyana. I selected this topic because I was reading the newspaper and there was an article about it, I think because it was the 30th anniversary of the end of the People's Temple. Then when i aksed my mom who they were, and she told me they killed themselves with Kool Aid, I was interested. Now that I know more about him, the People's Temple and its legacy it is even more fascinating to me.

Liz is an 8th grader at Stuart-Hobson Middle School who can't wait for Christmas!

No comments: