Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Canvasing for Voters with SJP

By Liz
The day before Election Day, all of the classes went to Union Station and handed out our social justice postcards [see October 16 entry]. My group went with Ms. Barracks to the front of the building, and gave them to people we saw to remind them to vote. I thought it was really fun to remind people about the importance of voting. We also told them to visit the website on the back of the postcard and comment on our social justice postcard design. Some people were really interested and would walk off looking at the postcard, and I saw others throw them away! One person even asked me when it was! Needless to say, I was happy to inform him. I think that we affected at least a few people's plans for Election Day, and I hope that everyone we gave a postcard voted.

Liz is an eighth grader at Stuart-Hobson whose favorite candy is Reeses, and who is amazingly happy that Barack Obama won the election!


No comments: