Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Social Justice Printmaking about Model UN



by Katie

On Monday, May 18 some of the Model UN participants headed to Falls Church to do printmaking. On the way we sang (mostly me and Franny) quite horrible to random songs n the radio. We mellowed down a bit after reaching Ms. Alex's art studio. Apparently I wasn't mellow enough because in my eagerness to finish carving I slit my finger. I don't think Amber, Franny or Maya are ever going to let that one go! Our prints were pretty awesome and dealt with all the encounters and emotions we experienced at Model UN. Although I was one finger down, my prints ended up looking quite beautiful, if I do say so myself!



by Maya

All I can say is "wow!" It was so fun. We got to make prints about Model UN. Not many people came to do the printmaking. it was only me, Katie, Amber and Francesca. We had a blast though. All our prints were cool. Some were more detailed than others. My design was a hand with the world on it. It was awesome. We got to try new things like Fizzy. It was good. We even got a chance to "dance and shake." Wooohooo!!!



No comments: